Roadmap: Data Analyst Skills Track (Part I)
And so the race against time is heating up as we head to the end of the first week of the Learn to Earn Cloud Data Challenge. As you strive hard to climb the leaderboard, we are here as always to assist you.
Start your Learn to Earn Cloud Data Challenge by joining the L2E3: Data Analyst Skills Track, where you’ll have hands-on experience with one or more of Google Cloud’s powerful data tools after completing each lab.
But first you will have to complete the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge Quiz and when done click on “End Lab” to record your answers.
All Set! Get ready to take labs to earn points. The faster you complete the lab objectives, the higher your score. And to do so, let us quickly inspect the L2E3: Data Analyst Skills Track with the help of the first half of its roadmap:
- Begin your journey with Vertex AI: Qwik Start Lab, you will use BigQuery for data processing and exploratory data analysis and the Vertex AI platform to train and deploy a custom TensorFlow Regressor model to predict customer lifetime value. The goal of the lab is to introduce you to Vertex AI through a high value real world use case — predictive CLV.
- Then, with the Bigtable: Qwik Start — Command Line Lab, you’ll learn how to use the cbt command line to connect to a Cloud Bigtable instance, perform basic administrative tasks, and read and write data in a table.
- Now it’s time to ingest subsets of the NYC taxi trips data into tables inside of BigQuery with Loading Your Own Data into BigQuery Lab.
4. Then, use Google Cloud’s Document AI solution to parse forms within a Jupyter Notebook so that you can automatically extract information from digitally scanned paper forms with the Form Parsing Using Document AI lab.
5. Next task ahead will be setting up a Cloud Composer environment by using Google Cloud Console with the help of Cloud Composer: Qwik Start — Console lab.
6. Get familiar with Sheets with the Google Sheets: Getting Started Lab, where you will use Sheets to create, update and customize a spreadsheet, analyze data, learn how to share a spreadsheet and access other apps from a spreadsheet.
Congratulations! You have made it to the halfway mark L2E3: Data Analyst Skills Track and learnt new Data Analysis skills!
Don’t forget to follow us on Medium for part 2 of L2E3: Data Analyst Skills Track Roadmap!