Reducing the Risks of Disasters with Google Cloud
It was“International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction”, last week and we thought we could ask you this question: How do you reduce risks in your life, and in your technology stack? Learn about Google Cloud’s efforts to reduce risks around the globe with scientific research progress, early warning systems (EWS), and temporal scales and construction techniques that strengthen the resilience of buildings and infrastructures to different types of hazards, among many other examples.
Learn how to reduce risk with Google Cloud Skills Boost.
- Interested in the data aspect of early warning systems? Spin up a virtual machine, configure its security, access it remotely, and then carry out the steps of an ingest-transform-and-publish data pipeline manually with the Rent-a-VM to Process Earthquake Data lab.
- Analyze historical weather observations using BigQuery and use weather data in conjunction with other datasets with the Weather Data in BigQuery lab.
- Uh-oh, your work email is pinging. Your team is seeing service errors! Walk through an example of how to troubleshoot a cloud service mesh using Stackdriver with the Troubleshooting Cloud Service Mesh lab.
- Learn how to add recovery information to your Workspace admin account and reset your admin password with the Google Workspace Admin: Super Admin Account Recovery lab.
- Learn how to backup an existing Microsoft SQL Database with Actifio with the help of Protect and Recover Microsoft SQL Server with Actifio lab.
Want to start learning? Use Code : 1q-DRR-21 to get 9 credits.