How many badges have you earned so far in the Learn to Earn Cloud Challenge? Whether you’re the proud owner of all four badges, or you’re just beginning the first lab, pat yourself on the back. You are getting hands-on practice with core cloud concepts and building our Cloud Skills.
To help you scale the leaderboard, let’s navigate through this amazing challenge together!
In this game eight labs give you a quick hands-on introduction to eight different GCP tools and services. At the end of each lab, you’ll have another skill to add to your list. Complete this game to earn the Essentials Game Badge.
- Start with the Internet of Things: Qwik Start Lab. Learn how to use Cloud Console to create a Cloud IoT Core device registry and register a device.
- Move on to the APIs Explorer: Qwik Start Lab where you will explore various Google APIs interactively.
- Then Google AppSheet: Getting Started Lab will provide an introduction to the capabilities of AppSheet by enabling you to quickly get started with building applications.
- At the halfway point in this game BigQuery: Qwik Start — Command Line Lab will show you how to use bq, the python-based command line tool for BigQuery, to query public tables and load sample data into BigQuery.
- Learn to use data to create a model that predicts whether a visitor will make a transaction Getting Started with BQML Lab.
- Then with Looker Data Explorer — Qwik Start Lab, learn how to use Looker to visualize data using Explores, which are data views created by Looker developers.
- Cloud Profiler: Qwik Start Lab will teach you how to set up and use Stackdriver Profiler.
- And to wrap it up take the Kubernetes Engine: Qwik Start to get hands-on practice with container creation and application deployment with GKE.
Eight more stops, and a journey through GCP’s data universe. At the end of each lab, you’ll have another in-demand skill to add to your list.
- This game starts with the exciting Visualize the 10,000 Bitcoin Pizza Transaction Using BigQuery and AI Notebooks Lab which digs into the fates of the bitcoin transactions tied to the infamous 10,000 bitcoin pizza purchase.
- Next up explore the six cryptocurrency blockchain datasets released publically in BigQuery with the Exploring the Public Cryptocurrency Datasets Available in BigQuery Lab
- Learn the basic ‘Hello World’ of machine learning with the Learning TensorFlow: the Hello World of Machine Learning Lab
- Build a Google Assistant chatbot that submits helpdesk tickets with the Implementing an AI Chatbot with Dialogflow Lab
- Learn how to use Dialogflow to create a conversational interface with the Design Conversational Flows for your Agent
- Learn how to deploy two models on Cloud AI Platform, and then use the What-If Tool to identify potential bias in the models and underlying dataset with the Compare Cloud AI Platform Models using the What-If Tool to Identify Potential Bias Lab.
- Focus on analyzing data to find meaningful insights with the Exploring Your Ecommerce Dataset with SQL in Google BigQuery Lab.
- Find and query the NCAA dataset using BigQuery with Exploring NCAA Data with BigQuery
In this game, you will find eight labs which will give you a blueprint of GCP’s building blocks. At the end of each lab, you’ll have hands-on experience with another tool or service to add to your resume.
- Start this game with Cloud Monitoring: Qwik Start Lab which will show you how to monitor a Compute Engine virtual machine (VM) instance with Cloud Monitoring.
- Then learn to create a simple cloud function and much more with Cloud Functions: Qwik Start — Command Line Lab
- Hop on to the Google Cloud Pub/Sub: Qwik Start — Command Line to learn more about this incredible messaging service for exchanging event data among applications and services
- Getting Started with Blockchain on GCP using Hyperledger Fabric and Composer Lab will teach you how to deploy Hyperledger Fabric and Composer solution from Google Cloud Marketplace and much more.
- BlockOne has cooked up the Getting Started with the EOSIO Blockchain Lab for you to create a virtual machine (VM) to host an EOSIO blockchain single node.
- Learn to create, change, and improve infrastructure safely and predictably with the Terraform Fundamentals Lab.
- Build, change, and destroy infrastructure with Terraform in the Infrastructure as Code with Terraform Lab from Hashicorp.
- Learn Using Agones to Easily Create Scalable Game Servers.
In the final leg of your journey, get the keys to understanding GCP’s powerful security suite. At the end of each lab, you’ll have hands-on experience for securing your cloud.
- Qwik Start this game with Cloud IAM Lab which lets you create and manage permissions for Google Cloud resources.
- Learn to deploy an API on API Gateway to secure traffic to a backend service with API Gateway: Qwik Start Lab
- Learn how to Create, update, delete, undelete custom roles in IAM Custom Roles Lab.
- Build a minimal web application with Google App Engine, then explore various ways to use Identity-Aware Proxy (IAP) to restrict access to the application and provide user identity information to it with the User Authentication: Identity-Aware Proxy Lab
- Get hands-on practice with the ins and outs of service accounts Service Accounts and Roles: Fundamentals Lab.
- Moving on learn how to create two nginx web servers and control external HTTP access to the web servers using tagged firewall rules with VPC Networks — Controlling Access Lab.
- Learn how to use some advanced features of Google Cloud Security and Privacy APIs in the Getting Started with Cloud KMS Lab.
- To round off this game, learn to create HTTP and health check firewall rules with the Create an Internal Load Balancer Lab.
Follow this roadmap and unlock your Cloud Skills. If you haven’t enrolled for the challenge yet; register now!